Best Video Marketing Strategies and Trends
Introduction to video marketing:
A content maker mostly focuses on long-form blog posts. It is surely one of the best marketing strategies for any brand. Blogs were the “king of content” for a long time. But now times have changed and video marketing is the new marketing tool and is loved by the audiences. Who does not like watching creative and unique videos! Who does not like learning things by simply watching them!
Sources say that since 2019, the average number of per day content videos, watched by users, have jumped from 84 minutes to more than 100 minutes per day. YouTube saw a whopping 20 to 30% increase in its views. 56% of the users are watching more videos on social media every month. Data shows that users are not just watching funny or attractive videos, but are even following brands they like. As per the CISCO report, video content has cover around 82% of the internet traffic in 2024.
What is video marketing?
Video marketing refers to the use of videos to promote your product and service, increase engagement over digital platforms, educate users and reach audiences efficiently. Wikipedia defines video marketing as “a component of an integrated marketing communications plan designed to increase audience engagement through social activity around a given video.”
Video on landing pages can increase conversion rates by more than 80%. While doing email marketing, a mere mention of the word “Video” in your email subject line can increase brand visibility and generate sales.
Video marketing is an emotional way of connecting with users and catching their attention in the digital world.
Types of video marketing:
- Demo videos
- Brand advertisement videos on landing pages of the website
- Expert interviews for a detailed understanding about the brand
- Educational/ explanatory videos
- Animated videos
- Live videos of real time events or products launch ceremony
Power of video marketing & Video marketing for business:
Today’s digital world has seen video marketing emerge as a successful marketing tool for businesses. 89% of marketers prefer video marketing as it yields them a good ROI and helps them generate more leads. 87% of marketers believe that video increases organic traffic to their websites.
Steps to make a successful video for your business:
- Plan and script your video.
- Smart use of a good camera to shoot.
- Set up your workstation and shoot for the edit.
- Organise your footage.
- Edit your video for best results.
- Choose relevant music and record your voice in it.
First of all, decide your company goal and define your metrics. This will help you decide what type of video content you want to share and the message to be included. If you are introducing your brand for the first time, then you should focus on the basic features and not the technical details about your brand, or else such technicality will confuse the users.
Then you can start answering the queries of customers and give them more information. After deciding the type of content, you have to place it on the platform you think to be the best fit. Successful video marketing involves context. You should associate your brand with relevant and rich content.
Now you have a video ready to be uploaded for the audience. There are various platforms where you can upload your video. Let us discuss some of them:
YouTube – With over 5 billion videos, YouTube allows a company or individual to upload its video for free and optimise them for search. It allows you to build a dedicated audience of subscribers, who can follow your channel for future videos. Viewers can get engaged with your video by liking and commenting. YouTube also offers ad options for more specific targeting.
Vimeo – With 715 million monthly views, it has become one of the favourites of content makers and viewers. It has limited ads and commercials. The videos on Vimeo are of higher quality than YouTube and the audiences are more likely to be professionals. It has additional features like additional storage capacity, advanced analytics, access to lead generation tools, etc.
Dailymotion – With over 300 million users, it is one of the best competitors of YouTube. It offers free unlimited video hosting and an option to make videos private and password protected.
WordPress – Even if you have a pre-installed WordPress site with the Jetpack plugin, you might not be aware that it also offers video hosting in its premium plans.
SproutVideo – This video hosting platform offers sharing tools in addition to lead capture forms, audience building and advanced video analytics.
After reading this much, now you are ready to create a high-quality video for your business. The next important step is to decide where to upload your video. Creating and posting videos on a social media platform should always focus on maintaining your existing marketing goals.
Advantages of Video marketing:
- Growth in revenue
- Influence buying decisions
- Rank higher in search
- Increase organic traffic, get more backlinks
- Reach decision makers
- Rack up shares
- Adds value to your email marketing campaigns
- Encourages social shares
Disadvantages of video marketing:
- Video production may be time and revenue consuming
- Videos are notably hard to update
- Might not attract every target audience
- Videos can be less accessible than other contents
Best video marketing strategies and trends for 2024:
- Social media video advertising – This is the major part of social media marketing. Advertising your videos on social media encourages users to follow brands on the site and discover new products. Getting creative while telling stories is the only essential thing required. You should have the perfect combination of organic and paid video content in your digital marketing strategy.
- User friendly video content – User generated video has been popular on various social media platforms. Every video is different and unique in its own way.
- Vlogging vs blogging – Vlogs have emerged as an excellent way of brand storytelling over time. You may find vlogs on various topics. Vlogging over YouTube and other platforms is the new blogging. Vlogging is becoming more famous through tools like Instagram TV and DIY videos, etc. You just need a video capturing instrument, like a phone or camera, a microphone, an editing software and an account on the video sharing platform, like YouTube.
- Interactive videos – It can be a virtual reality or a game. You have to provide users with something to do after watching the video. Keep them engaged and maintain the connection with interactive opportunities. The link or action associated with your video should be interesting. Mention a CTA option along with your video.
- Creating short videos – Users these days are very busy and have less time to invest on video marketing. So a short and appealing video can attract your target audience.
- Long format video – Even though shorter videos are getting popular, but longerer format videos are also on rise. People tend to watch full length videos online specially on YouTube.
- Live streams – This pandemic has halted in-person experiences and events. This has made live streams/ live videos a trend for businesses to effectively communicate with their customers. It has helped influencers, music artists, entrepreneurs, local brands and others.
- Educational video – Online learning videos are in demand. Consumers prefer watching videos about a product/ service, more than reading ebooks, manuals, articles or presentations.
- Personal video interaction – The credit goes to the Covid-19 pandemic for making this strategy a trend. Now more people are interacting with one another through video chat platforms like Zoom, Google Meet, Google Duo, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Optimising for soundless playbacks – Many users are watching videos without sound due to various causes, like not wanting co-workers to know what’s playing on the screen, watching video on phones in public places,etc. Captioning your videos and optimising them to play without a sound is what’s in trend and will make your video content more accessible.
- Searchable video – The video you have created should be searchable on Google and other search engines.
- Shoppable video – These are the short video clips which let the user click and make a purchase instantly. These videos let users buy a product/ service without leaving the video platform. These generally pop up in between Insta Stories or SnapChat from people you follow.
Video – future of marketing:
Knowing about the latest video marketing trend is the key to running a successful digital marketing campaign. To upload a good video, you don’t have to be a professional videographer. Video marketing is the future of marketing. A video is not enough to successfully promote your brand, the brand further needs a strong comprehensive marketing strategy and compelling content to yield better results.
FAQs related to video marketing strategies:
What is video marketing?
Video marketing refers to the use of videos to promote your product and service, increase engagement over digital platforms, educate users and reach audiences efficiently.
What are the steps to make a successful video for my business?
Plan and script your video.
Smart use of a good camera to shoot.
Set up your workstation and shoot for the edit.
Organise your footage.
Edit your video for the best results.
Choose relevant music and record your voice in it.
What are the advantages of Video marketing
Growth in revenue
Influence buying decisions
Rank higher in search
Increase organic traffic, get more backlinks
Rack up shares
Adds value to your email marketing campaigns
Encourages social shares
What are the best video marketing strategies
Social media video advertising
User-friendly video content
Vlogging vs blogging
Creating short videos
Long format video
Personal video interaction
Optimising for soundless playbacks